Sunday, May 10, 2009

Enköpings Open Championship, part 2

When we got to the festival I was suprised that it was so big, I expected about 50-100 visitors but my guess is it was closer to 300, but Im probably way of on that one. 41 beers had entered the competition and they where divided into three classes just as at the Swedish Championship: Bottom fermented (class 1), top fermented (class 2) and special beer (class 3).



Lots of people.....



...in all directions.


Finally enjoying the first beer at the festival. We started on class 1 and worked our way up.


They guys that brewed Karlssons Klister had put some time into marketing their beer. Everybody that tried their beer got a sticker on their glass. I suggested some bikini girls for next years competition.


This time I managed to try all of the classes and vote in good time. It might be because they had different deadlines for each class. The first class had a deadline at 15:30, then class 2 at 16:00 and class 3 at 16:30. This is definitely a system that is worth testing at the next SC.


Alfie and his nicer "twin".



The guy in the blue shirt had his son with him who had entered the competition with his first ever brew. I hope to see him again at the next SC.



They had a barbeque going outside and you could get some hot dogs and beer sausage. Which was really nice and I hope to see in some more festivals. Looks like the hot dogs where really popular as they ran out of them at the end.




The quality of the beers where good and very even. I graded them all around 2,6-3,4 which I think is a very good result. However I didn't find any favorites this time.



After a couple of beers some people where getting a bit to "friendly".



After 4 hours of drinking beer it was time to take the train home. Felt nice to get home to some barbeque.


This was a really nice festival with lots of friendly people. It's so much fun to talk to both the brewers and the visitors. I hope to see all of them next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment