Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Enköpings Open on saturday

On saturday it's time for Enköpings Open Championship, a homebrewing festival. It's gonna be my first visit to the festival and it looks like I will be joined by the same guys as the Swedish Championship, my father, Pop-up man and Nicklas.

For thoose of you who don't live in Sweden, Enköping is a town located about 50-60 kilometres north west of Stockholm. I think it has a population around 40 000.

Enköping actually has a place in my background. I lived there, with Karin, for 2 years after finishing my military service. It was our first appartment and the reason we ended up there was that I studied in Uppsala but couldn't find an appartment in town. We even lived 2 weeks in a caravan in Uppsala before we got the appartment in Enköping.

I'll post a report and some pictures when I get back.

6 comments:

  1. Aye aye! Let's pew pew some beer into our stomachers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe yeah lets do that. Starting to get into a "beer-mood" now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got into it yesterday! Actually bought a 3.5 from the store just to get alittle scent of the tast (not sure i expressed that right). So yeah, this pew pew might be the only per second performance that u kick my ass in btw. i'm over you in DPS, ÖLPS on the otherhand... gah..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!

    More dps then me? Sounds like you have already started drinking ;)

    24 hours from now we enter the festival :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn I really need to catch up with the Swedish home brewing scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bark: Yeah you really should. There are a couple of beer meetings in the coming months. Both Göteborg and Skåne has a summer meeting. However this is gonna be my last homebrewing festival of the year. Next one for me will be belgofesten (beginning of february) in Uppsala and then the SC (unknown location). Where I hope we will participate with our own beer :)

    It would also be fun to see what the beerblogger king could cock up with some malt and yeast ;)

    ReplyDelete