Friday, May 1, 2009

Sunny Franziskaner

Me and the missus had a busy friday and cleaned out allot of junk we had stored in the appartment and basement. It took us all day but the result was very satisfying. I felt I should award myself with something good and the weather has been excellent these past couple of days so I thought it was time for some wheat beer. I love having a wheat beer in the sun, it's really refreshing. I checked the fridge and choose Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier and their Dunkel version.

It poured a cloudy golden liquid with a huge creamy foam that left allot of lacing. It smelled allot of sweet bananas, very nice. Im not sure how common this candy is outside Sweden, but I (and many others) relate it to something called foam banana. The taste is very fizzy at first, then I feel the sweet banana flavour. The overall impression is that this is a very well balanced beer and one of the best wheat beers I've tried.
Total: 3,8/5

50 cl bottle. It poured a dark reddish cloudy liquid with a huge foam which left allot of lacing. The smell is allot weaker compared to the normal hefe-weissbier. But there is a hint of the sweetness in the background. The taste is very smooth and lean with allot less fizzyness then the normal version. It's also more malty with a hint of some toasted bread. A very nice beer but the normal version was better.
Total: 3,4/5

Both are really nice beers, specially for drinking in the hot summer wheater. If I had to choose one I would definitely go for the normal version.

No comments:

Post a Comment