Sunday, May 31, 2009

Laughstock

First of all, the weather is fantastic at the moment. Clear blue skies and around 30 degrees C.

Yesterday me and the missus went to Laughstock (Skrattstock). It's a stand-up comedy festival on Långholmen in southern Stockholm. There where lots of people and we had a fun time. After a couple of hours we went to watch the runners at Stockholm Marathon. It sounds insane to run that long, but it would be fun to try sometime. However I have a feeling Im a bit to heavy and my joints would probably kick me in the nuts for weeks afterwards ;)

We had lunch at Lasse i Parken. A cozy little place in southern Stockholm, located in an old house in a garden. The food was nice but they have really taken the whole 'less is more' to a new level. Last time I was here it was allot better, maybe they have changed owners? However they did have some beer from Belhaven so I had their Twisted Thistle IPA.

It poured a clear golden liquid with a big foam that left allot of lacing. The aroma was filled with metall, grass, hops and flowers. It had a medium bitterness with grassy hops. Fresh and nice and worked great in the sunny weather. Easy to drink.
Total: 3,2/5
When we got home we had our first fresh potatoes of the season. Served with some herring, sourcream, onions, eggs and chives. Really nice!

4 comments:

  1. Tack för en fin och somrig helg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damnit, now I'm hungry ><

    Enjoy the warm weather on your side of the border, and I shall do the same over here. Cold beer, albeit generic, in hand later today ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, yeah I heard you had nice weather in Oslo as well. You should find some Nögne Ö instead mate ;)

    ReplyDelete