Sunday, June 28, 2009

A couple of beers at Akkurat, part 1

Me, my father and brother went to Akkurat on friday to have dinner and drink a couple of beers. We started out strong with a Westvleteren testing, which I will write about in my next article. After Westvleteren we tried a bunch of interesting beers, Akkurat had a sale on bottled beer so we took advantage of that but they also had a couple of interesting beers on tap.


After a while my brothers friend Kalle showed up. I think he really enjoyed the beers.


Bière Darbyste 5,8% (Bottled)
When I arrived at Akkurat my father and brother where already seated and where bussy drinking this beer.

It poured a hazy brown-orange liquid with a small foam that stayed. It also had allot of yeast floating around. It smelled a bit like wine, with some yeast and alcohol. The flavor was similar with wine, yeast and some fruit. It also had some sourness but not that much. All in all it was bland and a bit boring.

Total: 2,5/5
(I forgot to take a picture)

Beck-Bräu Zoigl 5,8% (Tap)
It poured a hazy golden liquid with a medium sized icecream looking foam that left some lacing. At first I thought this beer smelled like some kind of cleaning liquid. But after a while the chemical parts dissapeared and left a more hoppy presence. It also smelled fresh with citrus. It also tasted very fresh with citrus, but also malt and hops. It worked great in the warm weather.
Total: 3,1/5

Bink Blond 5,5% (Tap)
It poured a hazy dark golden liquid with an icecream foam that left allot of lacing. It smelled of yeast, wine, dried orange peels and some other spices which I could define. I really enjoyed the smell. The flavor was similar, very fresh with citrus, some wine and yeast, but also spicey. It was smooth in my mouth but the body was a bit weak which made it seem a bit to bland. It smelled better then it tasted, but still a nice beer.
Total: 3,4/5


It said Double Red Ale on the bottle but at ratebeer it seems like it's also named Triple.

It pured a hazy brown with reddish tones, with a small foam. It had a strong scent with allot of caramell and warm alcohol. The aroma was also very strong with caramell and a warm alcoholic finnish. After a while some hops came through, but the caramell was very dominant. Was this a barley wine? It sure reminded me of one. The beer got smoother at the end but overall it was a bit to 1-dimensional for me.

Total: 3,1/5


This is one of the real ales Akkurat had this evening.

It was filled to the brim with a clear golden liquid with a very small foam that left a nice lacing. The aroma had a hint of something burned, reminding me of toast. It had a flavor of hops and some burned toast. Very easy to drink but a bit watery. Nice in the hot weather though a real thirst quencher.

Total: 2,4

No comments:

Post a Comment