Thursday, June 18, 2009

Testing Duvel

I've tried Duvel several times before but never really graded it. Since I got an original Duvel glas from my parents last weekend I figured it was time to give Duvel another try.

Duvel 8,5%
It poured a cloudy yellow liquid with a huge foam with lots of big bubbles. As the foam receded it left big chunks of foam on the side of the glass. Despite the boring yellow colour it looked very appealing.

My first thought when I smelled the beer was that it had a spicey scent, might be coriander and pepper. A couple of tries later I get a hint of white whine and some yeast. Not bad even though quite faint.

The first mouthfull was smooth although fizzy. I remember it to have allot more carbon but maybe it dissapeared while I was taking pictures, sniffing and writing. Might be a good tip for the future to let it rest for a minute before drinking. Anyway, back to the tasting. Just as with the aroma it also had a spicey flavour with some pepper and coriander. It also had some yeast, hints of white whine and hops even though it has a mild bitterness. It finishes up and leaves a trace of warm alcohol at the back of my mouth.

A pretty decent beer although it got kind of boring after a couple of sips.

Total: 3,5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment