Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Frövi Race

Me and my brother brought 3 friends with us to Frövi, Nicklas, Micke and Per. The main goal was to run the Frövi race (Fröviloppet, 10 km), but we also planned to drink allot of beer. The race was 10 km long and Micke, Per and my brother also entered the 3-man team competition under the name Sniglarna. They managed to get second place.... but there where only one more team competing.

The race wasn't due until saturday so we made good use of friday and had ourselfs a couple of beers and also spent some time in the jacuzzi. Is there a better way to prepare yourself for a big race?

We managed to squeze 9 guys into the jacuzzi (one of the guys are missing in this pic). But I got to admit that it was a tight fit.

A couple of happy and energetic guys just before the start of the race.

The race is on! You can see all four on the left side of the pic.

My brother is looking very energetic at about 5,5 km.




Micke pushed himself to the limit in this race and looked pretty tired as he reached 5,5 km.

A couple of minutes later me and Per showed up. Bjunge greeted us with some Powerade.

Allot less energetic after the race. But happy that it's now beer time.

I didn't do a very good race and reached the finish after about 53-56 minutes (Im still looking for the results online). Per came in a minute or so before me, he managed to outrun me around the 8,5 km mark. Micke at 44.20 and my brother around 41 minutes.

After the race we went back home to my parents porch for a relaxing dip in the jacuzzi, we where only 4 this time though. We also barbecued and tried some nice beers. My father had sorted the magic beer tap out and served Death By Hops IPA and Busbelgo. I will write more about thoose in my next article.

No comments:

Post a Comment