Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The easter brews

During easter me and my father brewed two beers from ready kits, our very first brews actually. It was a trippel and a wheat beer. I have to admit I didn't expect much from the kits. But I was pleasently suprised by the result.



White Easter - Wheat Beer
It poured a hazy golden brown liquid with a huge foam that left lots of lacing. It had a sweet smell with some bread. The flavor was spicey, sweet and fruity. Not like a classic wheat beer but still very nice. The 9 litre keg dissapeared like butter under a hot summer sun. Suprisingly good beer.
Total: 3,3/5

Easter Trippel
It poured a hazy amber liquid with a medium foam that left a nice lacing. The aroma was sweet and spicey. Same with the flavor that was also sweet, spicey with a hint of bread. It tasted very similar to the wheat beer, not a classic trippel but still very nice.
Total: 3,3/5

Both of them had to much sweetness and I have feeling they would improve over time. So this is definitely something I would consider making again.

No comments:

Post a Comment