Monday, June 29, 2009

A couple of beers at Akkurat, part 2

After a couple of beers we decided it was time to for some food. Me and my brother had the bacon and cheese burger which was very nice. My father wasn't that hungry and settled for some clams. I don't think I have ever been dissapointed of the food at Akkurat and this one wasn't an exception. The burger was very juicy and nice.


Närke Huvill 7,8% (Tap)

It poured a clear golden liquid with a medium sized foam that left a nice lacing. The aroma was filled with grassy hops. The flavor was fresh, with allot of grassy hops, a medium bitternes and some grapefruit.

Total: 3,5/5

Petrus 5,5% (Tap)
It poured a dark liquid with some reddish tones, with a small foam that left a nice lacing. The aroma was fruity, sweet and sour. The flavor was similar, sour, fruity and sweet with some red berries.

Total: 3,4/5

Nynäshamns Bedarö Bitter 4,5% (Tap)

This is a beer that I usually buy when Im at Systembolaget and don't have any particular beers to buy (read: when there are no new beers to buy). But I have never really looked at it closely. So I thought this was a good time.

It poured a clear golden liquid with a medium sized icecream foam. Which made it look very appealing. It had an aroma of malt, hops and some caramell. The flavor was very similar with just a hint of caramell. Overall I was a bit dissapointed by this beer and would have expected it to get a higher score.

Total: 2,7/5


Hopslam 10 % (Bottle)

It poured a clear golden liquid with a medium sized foam that left a nice lacing. The aroma was very strong with lots of hops, both fruity and grassy hops. Which made it smell great and almost made me drool. The first sip delivered what the smell had promised, it was filled with hops, both fruity and grassy and a high bitterness. A very nice beer and one of the best DIPAs I've had.

Total: 4/5

Hopslam was our last beer before deciding to head back to my appartment. My mother was coming by and we where going to have some grilled sandwhiches. But if it wheren't for the fact that I had a fridge full of interesting beers I might have never been able to drag us out of Akkurat ;)

Shipyard Barley Wine Style Ale (Pugsley Signature Series) 8,5% (Bottle)

It poured a dark black liquid with a small foam. It had a strong smell, spicey, sweet, burned, smoey and some alcohol. The taste was similar with some burned and smokey, toasty and spicey yet smooth with a warm alcoholic finish.

Total: 3,6/5

Rogue Chocolate Stout 6,3% (Bottle)

It poured a dark black liquid with a small foam. It smelled sweet with allot of chocolate. The flavor was similar with chocolate and some sweetness. But it was also a bit watery and short, which draws the points down a bit.

Total: 3,5/5

We decided that this was our last beer for the evening and made it an early night. Since we planned to take a boat to Fjäderholmarna the next day. More about that in a future article.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah Hopslam was really nice. It was a new beer for me. My father bought it after asking the bartender for a beer with lots of hops. A very solid suggestion in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akkurat! Will forever remind me of Josef I think ^^

    Keep up with the sampling. One day when I have enough money to go out and buy expensive beers I'll be sure to get one off of your site :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clock: They aren't that expensive. Well some are. But at Systembolaget you can buy excellent beer for just 15-30 sek. Akkurat also had a sale when I was there, so you could get some really nice beer for just 48 sek a bottle. I think most pubs charge 55-65 for a "cheap" beer. You make the choice ;).... well when you visit Sweden anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I think I would have to buy them in Sweden. I don't think they have most, if any, here, even at Vinmonopolet (our version of Systemet), and if you should happen to stumble upon one or two brands I reckon they'd cost 50NOK/bottle. Could go and get one or two of course.

    Or just visit you at some point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I just checked Vinmonopolets website and beer is indeed allot more expensive in Norway. However I pay as much as 150 sek / bottle for some beer.

    ReplyDelete