Saturday, April 11, 2009

Our first brew!

We made our first brew yesterday. We bought two ready kits with malt extract, hops, spices and yeast. We started with a wheat beer and then made a triple. Or actually my father did most of the brewing and I did most of the drinking ;) We had a american beer testing that was really nice but I will write about that in a later post.




We bought the kits from Humlegården. They are from Brewferm and named Palido (wheat beer) and Furioso (triple).



My father and a friend made this cooling device. Worked really well.


Pouring the malt extract.

The malt reminded of porridge before the temperature went up and it dissolved in the water.



The hops was dried and in bags which made them easy to handle for a couple of beer brewing noobs as ourselfs.

We mixed in some spices. Not sure what sort it was though.

After cooling the brew tto 2025 degrees we poured into the "bucket" for fermenting.

As the evening progressed guests kept tumbling in and joined in on the beer testing. To my joy they really appreciated the more tasty beer we had to offer. On the picture you can see, from the left, Martin, Jimmy, My Mother (Lena), Alfie the Pop-up-man and Toffe.

Some more guests, from the left, Manuel, Myself, Adam, Bjunge and Peter. Adam sure was a talker, he even outperformed the Pop-up-man and that guy is made of 90% mouth and 10% beer. Very impressive and I think most enjoyed Adams stories, specially my mother ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment