Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Barbecue and beer

My brother brought his girlfriend along to the barbecue and it was fun to meet her. Seems like a nice and friendly girl.

The evening was so warm and nice that we sat outside until late in the night drinking beer and talking. We tried a couple of Harviestoun beers but Im gonna present them later on.



It poured a hazy pale yellow liquid with a medium sized foam. It smelled fresh and sweet with some banana. The first sip was fresh and very fizzy. Had a sweet flavor of citrus and banana. I wrote down belgian wit, which turned out correct.

Total: 3,3/5




It poured hazy red-brown liquid without foam. It also had some yeast floating around in the bottle. It had a strong sour smell with something chemical in the background. Similar to how it smells inside a barn full of cows that has pissed and shit all over. I honestly didn't look forward to the first taste. It tasted sour with a strong chemical bitterness at the end. Which ones again reminded me of old cow piss, not that I've ever had any to drink but I recon this is what it would taste like. Overall this beer got the same reaction to all four testers. Did I finish it? Sure, it's still beer. But two of them just sipped it and then gave up, considered it undrinkable. I got the feeling this needs 1-2 years to settle and age a bit.

Note: Apparently my score is below what is average for the beer and therefore not acceptible. How odd, I guess that is why it has such a high score.

Total: 0,9/5



It poured a dark brown liquid with red tones and a small foam that left just a little lacing. It smelled spicey and christmasy also something that I related to pumpkin seeds. Now that I see the name at ratebeer I realise that must be it. It had a complex spicey flavor that I had a hard time placing and a hint of nuts and a warm alcoholic finish. Very nice!

Total: 3,9/5



It poured a hazy pale yellow liquid with a small foam. It had a fresh and sour aroma with some citrus. It had allot of fizzyness with a sour flavor of oranges, citrus and some spices that I couldn't place.

Total: 3,4/5

2 comments:

  1. Skall bli spännande att testa bfm och se om jag tycker den är lika dålig som du tycker? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja verkligen, ska bli kul att se vad andra tycker. :) På ratebeer har den fått riktigt bra betyg och jag kände inte alls igen smakerna som beskrevs där. Tyckte den bara smakade amoniak.

    Annars brukar jag gilla suröl, så jag blev lite besviken.

    ReplyDelete