Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Visiting Oslo, part 1

Last weekend I went to Oslo to visit a couple of childhood friends who live there, Markus and Martin. When I arrived on friday two other friends had already spent a couple of days... and nights in Oslo, Roger and Keso.

I took a flight through Norwegian airlines and since I didn't check any luggage in it was a very smooth flight. Took about 50 minutes to fly, 40 minutes by buss from Gardemoen to Oslo and then another 7 or so minutes to my friends appartment. Felt like I was one minute sitting at work dreaming about a cold beer and the next I was in Oslo drinking one.

The first evening we went to a pub and the morning after I imidieately visited Vinmonopolet. I just had to check out the local supply of beer. I'll tell you more about this in part 2. After a quick breakfast we headed out to Huk, which seems to be where a large part of the Oslo population goes to bath and enjoy the sun. After burning myself into a crispy bacon shape we headed back for some food and beer.

Roger and Keso on their way to Huk.

Just arrived at Huk, the weather was really nice. Markus, Martin and Roger are getting a couple of blankets out. Well Roger is just supervising the work ;)


The water was great, not as cold as I would have expected.

Nice view.

On our way back to the appartment. It's in central Oslo.

It's wednesday but it still burns.


Martin and Markus enjoying the hot breeze and a cold beer.

I really had a good time in Oslo and it was allot of fun spending time with my friends again. Also, thanks for the hospitality guys :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Oslo treated you well mate. I think you visited during the weekend in years, so kudos on your timing ^^

    And sorry I didn't go north to visit. Just too many other things to do these past 2 weeks, and one more to go before I can semi-relax :P

    Looking forward to part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I had a great time in Oslo. :D Definitely have to come back sometime. To bad I didn't know that I would be going ahead of time to give you a headsup. I found the cheaper tickets the day before I left so it was a bit last minute.

    Part two is posted and Im now working on part 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say that the photographer that took the picture of you with the Oslo sign on the beach, had the wrong focus. The focus should be more to the left :)

    /Tommy tommy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you suprised if I tell you that the photographer also took such a picture? ;)

    ReplyDelete