Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Testing Sierra Nevada Stout

I and the missus went to Uppsala today to run some errands. She also wanted to visit some shops downtown and I used that opportunity to jog over to O’Connors for a beer. The friendly bartender (same as last time I wrote about this pub) recommended a beer:

Sierra Nevada Stout (draft) 5,8%
It poured a dark liquid with a medium white foam. The foam later on changed color to brown as I drank it. Might have been the beer that started shining through the liquid though.

It had a very weak smell, but I could sense a hint of chocolate and coffee.

The first thing I notice when I drink it is some dark bitter chocolate with some bitterness at the end. It was smooth and very easy to drink, not very alcoholic. The coffee flavor was the next one I noticed and after a couple of sips a smoky whisky flavor. I got the feeling this has been stored on an old whisky cask (I checked afterwards and that doesn’t seem to be the case). A fairly nice beer but it loose a couple of points on the lacking aroma.
Total: 3,3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment