Sunday, July 19, 2009

The fantastic sausage!

We are having visitors this weekend, Karins mother and her livingpartner. Amongst other things we made a trip to Waxholm yesterday. The weather was fantastic, but the best part was actually a sausage. A company named Rombergs had a spot amongst the red shacks in the guest harbor. They had set up a BBQ and where serving these amazing sausages with some sour dough bread. The sausage was very meaty with some amazing spices. Apparently the owner specially orders these sausages using locally produced pork and his own spices. A great initiative and I hope I encounter these soon again. Well I ended up buying 20 extra that was frozen, so I guess I'll spot them on my own BBQ shortly. ;)
Even without the sausage, Waxholm is a great place to visit. Specially during the summer when the whole place comes to life.
Besides visiting Waxholm we also had some dinner at our place and just generally having a good time. Nothing special to report regarding beer though. We just had some lager and wheat beer that I have already written about.

I was really close to falling into the water just before this picture. Damned jetty trying to throw me overboard!

The guest harbor. There where some shops, a place serving fresh fish and the sausage place in thoose red shacks.

View from the guest harbor. The place was steaming with boats.


This is where I bought the sausage.

2 comments:

  1. Hows it going buddy. Couldn't check your space for a while. Finally managed to spare some time. Summer time is always busy for me. Its great to see you are going on. Keep up with the great work.

    Kursat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kursat, you old Turk ;)

    Thanks

    Nice to see you are still up and running, I read your latest addition yesterday. Very nice.

    I've also been a bit inactive, but Im going on vacation soon, so should have more stuff to write about.

    ReplyDelete