Monday, July 27, 2009

Frövi Blues and Rock, part 3

We started out slow on Saturday. Both me and Nicklas had to take a nap to get some energy, but Per is almost 100% energy so he had no problem keeping up the pace.


Enoying the sun, but not enjoying the Latvian beer we tested.

On our way down to the lake. I took a swim and we swung by a couple of Chrilles friends that had parked their caravans down there.

Later that evening my parents had invited some friends over for dinner. So me and my friends joined in and then later went over to a neighbor that always has a party during the blues festival.

Chrille and my father in line for some elk kebabs.

Once we got down to the festival it was packed. It seems like the Refreshments had drawn quite the crowd. Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people at the festival before. Just as the other two evenings we had some elk kebabs.

Per enjoying a kebab and the main stage in the background.

This year they had introduced something new. On the other side of the festival area, opposite to the big stage, they had put up a small tent where a local band performed in between shows at the main stage. They played some Johnny Cash covers. I have to admit this was probably the best show I saw over the course of the festival, in competition with Bonafide on Thursday (I didn’t see all though). People where dancing and they even had to tell people to back off since they were pushing a bit too close to the small tent.

The local band playing in the small tent. "Benis" on the left, Tony Rennegård on drums behind them, Mattias Ekström on vocals and then I'm not sure who the guy on the right is.

Once again a great festival and it just keeps getting better each year. If plan to improve anything for next year I hope it’s the beer. Even going from those plastic bottles to something on a tap would be a great improvement. It was also fun to introduce Chrille, Nicklas and Per to the festival. I hope they had a good time.

2 comments:

  1. Haha ät gul snö det kan vara öl, den har jag inte sett förut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ja den där Affe tar öl-drickandet på största allvar ;)

    ReplyDelete