Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Re-evaluating Busbelgo

Busbelgo (draft) 10%
I tried this beer a couple of weeks ago. So I felt it was time to re-evaluate it after being stored for a while.

It poured a hazy dark amber liquid with a huge foam that left allot of lacing. Compared to before the foam is allot bigger and it looked more appealing than last time.

It smelled of yeast, oranges, cinnamon, ginger, spices and some pepper. It was allot better balanced this time and the cinnamon wasn’t as dominant.

It had a complex taste with lots of different spices. I could clearly define allot of the spices from the smell, but others where harder to distinguish which made it very interesting.

I have to admit that it was better than before. It looked better, smelled better and tasted better. Allot more balanced and I wonder what will happen to this beer if it’s stored even longer.
Old score: 3,7/5
New score: 4,3/5



Note: I'm quite suprised when I calculate the new score, 4,3 is an amazing score. It might be a bit overrated, but I really liked it this time so it should be somewhere in the 4,0-4,3 limit.

Busbelgo with extra vanilla (draft) 10%
When they made Busbelgo they also made a small batch with some extra vanilla. It’s basically the same beer as above so I will focus on the differences.

It was smoother and sweeter than the original but didn’t feel as complex. It lacked allot of the different falvors I sensed in the original. Still a very nice beer though.
Total: 3,8/5

3 comments:

  1. Nice score on Busbelgo this time, the old was very good, but this was even greater. Thanks Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan det här har jag missat! Ska se till att du och Linda Rosing ska bli bästa kompisaR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrille: Yeah you should be very satisfied, it's a really good beer. Good job!

    Anonymous: Hahaha va?!? Vad har Linda Rosing med detta att göra? Har du somnat på bryggan igen och fått solsting?

    ReplyDelete