Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beers tried over Christmas, part 2

I tried some more beers during Christmas.


The Lost Abbey Interno Ale (Bottle) 8,5%
It poured a hazy golden liquid with a big white foam that left chunks of foam on the side of the glass.

It had a smell of yeast, fruits, pepper and apples.

A bit stingy and rough mouth feel. Medium-thick body with a low bitterness. The flavour was strong and I noticed yeast, fruits, coriander and apples. It was quite dry and didn't have that much sweetness.

A nice beer and even my grandfather enjoyed this one. Well he enjoyed it so much he was finished before I got a chance to try it ;)
Total: 3,9/5

Mikkeller Fra Til (Bottle) 8%
It poured a pitch black liquid with a big brown foam that left lots of lacing.

It had a smell of chocolate, hops, coffee and something burned.

The mouth feel was a bit stingy and dry with a thick body. Lots of Christmas spices in this one, the commercial description is fairly spot on when it comes to the spices, the star anise, coriander, cinnamon and cloves are all noticeable. Specially the cloves. It also has a taste of roasted nuts, coffee, hint of hops and some burned caramel. It has a long after taste that really digs in and stays there.

Very nice beer!
Total: 4,1/5

2 comments:

  1. I actually bought this beer this christmas. Really nice, it got alot better when it wasn't cold. Think i sent you a MMS of it? :)

    I also like this beer alot, the only nock down that I can remember is the alcoholic scent and taste. If that had been toned down a bit, I would've liked it much better. Maybe it wasn't the alcohol, but something similliar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yepp I got your sms :) Hmm I didnt really think about the alcoholic taste... Might be a result of the beers I drank before this one though ;)

    ReplyDelete