Thursday, January 14, 2010

Midtfynds Brygghus Double IPA

Last friday I had a couple of bottles of IPA. Starting with Midtfynds Brygghus DIPA, then Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA and finally Death By Hops 2 (DIPA). I have reviewed Torpedo and DBH 2 here before but Midtfynds was new to me so here we go:

Midtfyns Bryghus Double IPA (Bottle) 9,2%

This beer was part of the December news release at Systembolaget and cost 66 sek. There are still available bottles in many stores.

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□□□■□□□□----□□■□□□□□-----□□□■□□□□--□□□□■□□□----□□□□■□□□


Apperance: 4/5
Hazy amber liquid with a medium dirty white foam that left a nice lacing with lots of foam.

Smell: 3/10
Hops, butter, buttered popcorn, melted butter, alcoholic.

Taste: 3/10
Hops, lots of butter in different varietes, buttered popcorn, melted butter and alcohol

Mouthfeel: 4/5
Smooth and creamy with just a little bit of sting. Quite enjoyable mouthfeel.

Comment:
This beer was clearly infected and the taste of butter was very strong. It efficiently hid most of the flavours and only a hint of hops managed to break through. Not a beer I would recomend and I almost poured it out. The only reason I didn't do so was that it was still drinkable and it had a nice mouthfeel. But if you are expecting a hopped up monster you are going to get very dissapointed, I had been warned by other bloggers about this beer so I wasn't that suprised. Hopefully I can get my hands on a bottle that hasn't been infected.

Total: 2/5

4 comments:

  1. Man, gonna write a little script for ya ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im interested to see what you cook up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new system alot mate. The old one was fairly confusing in a way (I suspect you know that since you've switched). I like this new way much better.

    There's just one thing though; it's spelled intensity (with an 's'). You have your obsession with numbers - mine's spelling and grammar ^^

    Have a good one mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate :) and thanks for the spelling check I had completely missed it.

    ReplyDelete