Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dieu du Ciel Rigor Mortis Abt

This beer was part of the news release at Systembolaget at the beginning of december. It costs 34.90 SEK per bottle and is still available at some stores.

Dieu du Cieal Rigor Mortis Abt (Bottle) 10,5%
It poured a hazy dark amber liquid with a small dirty white foam.

It had a strong smell of yeast, dried fruit, wood and an alcoholic finish that I relate to brandy.

The mouth feel was very smooth and creamy, felt nice in my mouth. The high alcohol made it feel dry though and a bit stingy on the tip of my tongue. It had a thick body and a low bitterness. The flavour was quite strong and the most noticeable where dried fruit, yeast, something sweet and an alcoholic finish.

A very good and interesting beer, maybe a bit to alcoholic but besides that I have no complaints. The alcohol wasn't that intense it was mostly something I felt after taking a sip. Definitely a beer that is worth it's money, it's an absolute find at 35 SEK per bottle and I plan to buy a couple of extra to keep in my storage.
Total: 4,1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment