Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Beer list for ÖBWF 2009

Next weekend I'm going to Örebro to visit the Beer and Whisky Festival. I'll be there on saturday together with Per, my father and some other people that usually show up on this blog. Ölkultur med David och Fredrik recently published the beer list and here it is again. Looks like allot of promising brewers and importers are coming. Chrille is officially releasing his Pannknektarnas Kaffeporter, even though it had a sneak premier at Bishops a while back. I also hope to meet some fellow beer bloggers.

Brill hasn't released what beers they are bringing but if it's anything like what they had at SBWF 2009 I will be very happy. I tried some fantastic beers at their booth and hope to try some more this time.

Närke has a fairly big selection of beers and I hope to try their Närke Kaggen 2008 Pure Swedish Oak. I have already tried their 2007 and 2008 versions twice and they where both great but 2008 was slightly better. I like their InternationAle so I also hope to try the New InternationAle.

Galatea is bringing a couple of belgian beers I haven't tried before so might be able to fill in some holes. I've tried most of the beers from Hantverksbryggeriet and Nynäshamn, but I have a couple that I haven't rated yet.

Great Brands is bringing a bunch of beers that I want to try, will probably stand at their booth for a while. The first four breweries on their list is very interesting and Harviestoun brews one of the best lagers I have ever tried, so hopefully I can try some more beers from that brewery.

There are also allot of other breweries and importers that I haven't mentioned but something that seems worth mentioning are the producers displayed under "ÖVRIGA". There are some cheese and chocolate companies and also Torslundskagge who makes wooden barrels, one beer that use them is Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter.

4 comments:

  1. Great! Are you filming this time as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, working and representing Brewery Int. My companion (Tomas) lives and work in Barcelona. But I am not sure I am going to be there both days. We´ll see. I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, lets hope you are there both days. Do you have any inside tips on beers that might be extra interesting?

    ReplyDelete