Saturday, November 28, 2009

ÖBWF 2009, part 6

This is the final part about my visit to the Örebro Beer and Whisky festival. As I mentioned yesterday we came back to Brill. This time Marc introduced us to Michael Dugge from Dugges Bryggeri.
Out of the swedish breweries I would say he is my second favorite after Närke. It's a brewery that always deliver nice quality beers. This time Dugge was primarily promoting their Celebration Ale. But they also had allot of interesting beers on bottle which we tried. But the beer that stood out the most was this one:

Southern Tier Pumking (Bottle) 9%
It tasted very sweet like liquid cockies and spounge cake, lots of sugar and sweets. Very odd but also very interesting. Not sure how I would have liked this in a full glass but as a sample it was quite nice. To bad we missed out on the Creme Brulé beer they had from the same brewery.
Total: 3,6/5

All of a sudden Marc told us that there where more beer bloggers at the booth and he pointed us towards David and Fredrik from Ölkultur med David och Fredrik. There was another beer blogger there but I'm not 100% sure who it was. Might have been Markus from Amatörens tankar om öl. You can see the top of his head on this picture:

It was allot of fun to finally meet up but I don't have much recollection of what we talked about. I blame the beer for this. DAMN YOU BEER! Anyway shortly after meeting David and Fredrik we decided to call it a night.

During the festival me and Per tried 50 different beers. Most of which I had never tried before. I'm not sure why we tried so few, we usually end up closer to 90 beers during an evening. But it might have to do with the amount of beer you where served, which felt more like 20 cl+ rather then 15. But I'm not complaining, I tried less beer but I got more of the good stuff.

I really enjoyed ÖBWF. They had done a good job of decorating the place and it felt very fresh and new. Most of the light came from candles or the booths and it felt spaceous. It was a bit cramped close to the more popular booths at the end, but you could always choose something else. Getting from one booth to the next was very fast since there was allot of space between the booths.

I heard some people say the supply was low but I felt that there where more then enough beers to try. I would have been able to walk around there for 2-3 more days and still have beers to try. All in all another great beer festival, I'm definitely coming back next year. The festival year is now over for me and I will have to wait until 31st January to visit Belgofesten. But having visited 5 festivals this year, 3 of which happened over the last 2 months, it actually feels nice with a little break.

2 comments: