Sunday, December 6, 2009

Avery Hog Heaven

Avery Brewing is a fairly new brewery for me, but they have been brewing since 1993 in Boulder, Colorado. I tried their Maharaja DIPA (4,1/5) at SMÖF and I tried a couple of their brews at ÖBWF. So far I haven't been dissapointed and they generally get very nice scores at Ratebeer. Most of their beers end up above the 90th percentile. The beer I'm going to review today is a barley wine that was released at Systembolaget in November.

Avery Hog Heaven (Bottle) 9,2%
It poured a slightly hazy dark golden liquid with a medium sized dirty white foam that left allot of lacing. Quite a nice look actually.

It had a smell of sweet malt, caramell and wood. There where more smells but I couldn't quite put my finger on what they where.

The mouthfeel was smooth with a thich body. It had a sweet taste of caramell and malt with an alcoholic finish. The flavour was a bit intence just the way I like it. A very nice beer again from Avery, definitely something I want to drink again.
Total: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. This is a really good beer, very hoppy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, hoppy yet very balanced. Did you drink this by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really liked this one as well. 4/5 might even be a bit underrated. Think I will have to try it again :)

    We where three who shared a bottle.

    ReplyDelete