Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Beers 2009 summary

I have to say, the variety of christmas beers this year has been great. Several countries have been represented at Systembolaget and the breweries have really outdone themselfs when it comes to trying different styles and trying to make them christmasy. Compared to the easter beers the quality has overall been very high, with several above 3,5/5.


Great Divide Hibernation Ale - 4/5 - Systembolaget
Winterkoninkske - 4/5
Sigtuna Snowblind Strong Ale - 3,8/5 - Systembolaget
Nögne Ö God Jul - 3,8/5
La Rulles Noël du Coeur - 3,8/5
St. Peters Winter Ale - 3,8/5 - Systembolaget
Monks Café Saffron Ale - 3,7/5
Harviestoun Mr. Sno'Balls - 3,6/5 - Systembolaget
Nögne Ö - Underlig Jul - 3,6/5 - Systembolaget
Oppigårds Winter Ale - 3,6/5 - Systembolaget
Anchor Our Special Ale 2009 3,6/5 - Systembolaget
Ayinger Winter-Bock - 3,5/5 - Systembolaget
Strömsholms Gråskägg - 3,5/5
Nils Oscar Julöl 2009 - 3,5/5 - Systembolaget
N'Ice Chouffe - 3,4/5 - Systembolaget
Corsendonk Christmas Ale - 3,3/5 - Systembolaget
Jämtlands Julöl - 3,3/5 - Systembolaget
Slottskällans Tomte - 3/5 - Systembolaget
Stockeboda Vinternattens Mörker - 2,9/5
Skebo Vinteröl - 2,7/5
Fullers Old Winter Ale - 2,5/5 - Systembolaget
La Caracole Nostradamus - 2,4/5 - Systembolaget
Sheperd Neame Christmas Ale - 2,2/5 - Systembolaget
Sigtuna Midvinternattens Mörker - 1,9/5 - Systembolaget
Slottskällans Nisse 0,9/5 - Systembolaget

If I had to choose a beer with my Christmas dinner I would choose Hibernation or Ayinger. My choice for drinking with the nuts and chocolate after dinner would be Monks Saffron Ale (if it was available), Corsendonk or Nögne Ö Underlig Jul. For the Christmas party with my friends I would go for Snowblind or Mr Sno'balls.

Now when I'm done trying the Christmas beers I can finally start working on all the fantastic new releases lately. My beer storage is packed to rim with great beer and my fridge is full as well.

2 comments:

  1. Tack för en trevlig sammanställning. Ska nog försöka få till en själv snart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack Gjölen. Ja lägg upp en, alltid kul att läsa sammanställningar :)

    ReplyDelete