Sunday, December 13, 2009

In Flames and Death By Hops

On friday I had some Death By Hops and went to an In Flames concert. It was great, allot of metal for my money. There where some band playing when we got there and before In Flames came on we saw Dead By April and Killswitch Engage. Great performance once again by In Flames, saw them in Annexet last year and they where great then as well. Think they actually spent some more money on effects this time.

Since they only served undrinkable sludge at the concert I didn't try any new and exciting beers this evening. But I did notice that the quality of DBH differs allot. A few bottles are a bit stale and lacks taste, these bottles have a fairly clear liquid and a smaller foam. While some have a bit to much with a very raw hops flavour, these bottles are almost brown with a thick hazy liquid. However most bottles are just right with a hazy orange liquid and a better balance on the hops. Since I haven't noticed a similar problems from the kegs it feels like the problem arrise when we bottle the beer. Not sure what we could do better but I do know we fucked up a bit on the first couple of bottles. We filled them a bit to much causing an over-preasure and some beer got wasted as it exploded out of the bottle like a volcano. I wonder if it's these bottles that lost flavour. Anybody have any experience of this?

Yesterday we had a christmas dinner and I took the opportunity to try some beer with the food, but more about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I saw in flames last night in Göteborg. I hoped for more new songs, but the concert still was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Yeah I liked it as well. Only downside was that they got on so late and I was a bit dissapointed with Killswitch as they made a tired impression on me. Also what was up with the guy running around on stage? Looked like he was doing some kind of excercises like "run-in-place", "high knees" and "jump-like-a-6-year-old-that-wants-candy". ;)

    ReplyDelete