Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Per turns 25

On Saturday Per turned 25 years old. He has been quite frequent on this blog since he tend to follow me to various beer festivals. Since he is also a beer geek we decided to meet up at Akkurat together with some friends. Actually quite allot of people came, allot more then I expected. I even bumped into Hå-Ge and Berith from Närke Kulturbryggeri. As with every other time I've visited Akkurat it was a great evening. I started out trying their supply of real ales. Since I forgot to put my memory card and can't find the cord that connects my camera with my pc I dont have pictures to show you. But here are some short reviews of the beer:

Inveralmond Homecoming (tap) 4,2%
A classic bitter with a taste of grassy hops. An easy to drink beer with a lasting bitterness.
Total: 3,6/5

Cairngorm Trade Winds (tap) 4,3%
A fresh, fruity and flowery real ale with some citrus and hops. Easy to drink and also with a lasting bitterness.
Total: 3,6/5

Cairngorm Black Gold
(tap) 4,4%
A dark liquid with tastes of chocolate, coffee, dark bread and something burned. Smooth like the others and a bit stronger flavour, but still easy to drink.
Total:

Then I went for some Christmas beer:

Nögne Ö God Jul (tap) 8,5%
Nice Christmas beer with a taste of chocolate, coffee, something burned and liqourice.
Total: 3,8/5

Winterkoninkske (tap) 8,3%
It smelled like "Julmust", sweet and spicey. But it tasted more like red wine, spices and grapes. Fairly smooth mouthfeel.
Total: 4/5

N'Ice Chouffe (tap) 10%
Sweet beer with tastes of red wine, spices, yeast and grapes.
Total: 3,4/5

La Rülles Noël de Coeur (tap) 7,3%
Complex belgian Christmas ale with tastes of wood, nuts, red wine, grapes, dried fruit and yeast. Interesting and nice.
Total: 3,8/5

After these beers I wanted to finish off with something interesting. They had two bottles of St Bernadus that I always wanted to try. But more about thoose tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment