Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Beer 2009, part 9

St. Peters Winter Ale (bottle) 6,3%
I tried this beer during the summer, it was a bottle that I had lying around since the christmas of 2005. It was 2 years past it's expiration date. I have it written down in a post I haven't published yet, but I gave that beer a 3,1.

It poured a very dark liquid with a big light brown foam that left lots of lacing.

Weak smell of malt and red wine. Also was a bit sweet.

Very smooth mouthfeel with a roung and thick body and low bitterness. It tasted dry with primarily malt, something burned, hint of red wine and something sweet. Not a very intense beer but it still took me some time to drink the whole bottle.

Quite enjoyable and I can imagine it working well with some chocolate.
Total: 3,8/5

3 comments:

  1. Tried this a few weeks ago and I enjoyed this beer. I learned to not expect much from St Peter's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed St. Peters. Remeber buying them allot when I had just turned 20 years.

    ReplyDelete