Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Beer 2009, part 6

Slottskällans Nisse (Bottle) 5,3%
When I poured this beer I was quite suprised to be meet with a very fizzy head, it looked more like soda then a beer. If you pour a julmust or a coke you know what kind of foam I'm talking about. I leaned over and smelled it and it smelled like a soda as well. Tasting it I got the same thing, this "beer" tasted like a soda but flavours similar to a beer. It has some malt and spices but it's also watery and sweet just like a soda. Not sure if I can rate this as it is. Was this some kind of misstake in production? I couldn't drink more then a couple of mouthfulls before I felt the need to pour it out.

Looking at Ratebeer it looks like nobody else has had this experience and I don't recognize the other comments at all. The bottle was bought at Regeringsgatan, anybody got a similar bottle?

Assuming this was the way the beer was meant to be my score would be:
Total: 0,9/5

Slottskällans Tomte (Bottle) 6,4%
It poured a dark amber liquid with a big dirty white foam that left a nice lacing.

Smell of caramell and spices.

Fairly smooth mouthfeel with just a bit sting on the tongue. It had a medium body and bitterness. Taste of spices, dark bread, some hops and an alcoholic finish. The spices felt a bit unbalanced. A drinkable beer that worked with the salty christmas food. However it wasn't a good match with the chocolate and nuts afterwards.
Total: 3/5

3 comments:

  1. Nisse sounds really awful, I haven't tried it this year and will not do it either.

    Tomte was drinkable but nothing special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Nisse was horrible, I was being nice giving it a 0,9. Must have been some kind of production misstake. It tasted a bit like mixing a beer with 7 Up or similar and adding some weird tastes. On the picture it looked quite nice but it only took a few seconds for the foam to dissapear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm so freakishly lazy I'm just gonna say Happy Xmas and New Year right away. I've fallen into a 'checking-of-blogs' disrepair-ish-thingy :P

    So yeah, hooray for the holidays ^^

    ReplyDelete