Monday, December 7, 2009

Bush Prestige and de Nuits

Both these beers where released as a middle of the month release at Systembolaget in November. I have tried the Prestige one before. I have also had a clone called Bluff Prestige at this years SC in Homemade Beer. Both where really nice so I have been looking forward to trying these bottles.

Bush Prestige (Scaldis Prestige) (Bottle) 13%
It poured a slightly amber liquid with a small dirty white foam.

It had a smell of ripe fruit, vanilla, spices, fruit candy and peaches. It was quite a sweet smell with an alcoholic finish.

The mouthfeel was smooth with a light body and low bitterness. It had a taste of ripe fruit, dried fruit, well it was quite fruity and sweet in general. I also sensed some dragon fruit and raisin.

Just as with last time I really enjoyed this beer. It has a nice mouthfeel and a nice balance and variety of tastes that I enjoyed.
Total: 4,2/5
Bush de Nuits (Bottle) 13%
It poured a hazy amber liquid with a small dirty white foam.

The smell was quite sour with fruit, cognac, wood and vanilla being the most noticable flavours. It also had some alcoholic warmth to it.

The mouthfeel was quite fizzy and stingy with allot of carbonation. It had a taste of ripe fruit, wood and wine. The taste of wine was quite strong.

Nice beer but Prestige was better.
Total: 3,5/5

Both of these beers are quite good specially Prestige, however the prices are quite steep at 179 for Prestige and 199 for de Nuits.

3 comments:

  1. I've tried them both but i find the complexity in Bush de Nuits to be more to my liking. That said, both beers are really good and i have 2 of each kind (bought a few years earlier) in my pantry. Should age nicely i think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think the others who tried it with me had different preference as well. But as you said they are both really nice.

    Nice with 2 bottles. Yeah I think both of these will age with dignity, specially de Nuits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bottle of each at home, although I want to save them for later. Let them age for a little while.

    Thanks for your review though :)

    ReplyDelete