Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Beer 2009, part 1

I've started to try this years batch of christmas beers. I will try and try as many as possible before christmas. I tried these the friday before ÖBWF.

Fullers Old Winter Ale (Bottle) 5,3%
It poured an amber liquid with a medium sized dirty white foam with some nice craters that left allot of lacing.

It had a weak smell of caramell, malt, booze and arrack. Medium smooth mouthfeel with a bit stingy feeling. Medium body and medium bitterness. It didn't have a nice hoppy bitterness, a less enjoyable bitterness with a bite to it. It was also dry and taste of malt and had a buttery taste and feeling.

The butter took over more and more as I drank it. Not my choice for this years Christmas celebration.
Total: 2,5/5
Sheperd Neame Christmas Ale (Bottle) 7%
It poured a dark golden liquid with a medium sized white foam.

It had an odd smell of sawdust, wood, nuts and what I think is nutmeg.

Fairly smooth mouthfeel with just a bit of stingyness. Dry with a ligth body and low bitterness. Watery taste of caramell, malt and butter with an alcoholic finnish. Just as with Fullers this one had to much butter. I ended up pouring it out.
Total: 2,2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment