Saturday, April 18, 2009

A day on the town

I just got back from a day of shopping, eating and of course drinking beer. Started out by trying out some shirts for work. The biggest problem is not finding a nice shirt, it's finding something that fits. Tried a couple of XXL shirts at Jack and Jones, but they where so small that I looked like Philip Seymour Hoffman in Boggie Nights.

After some searching I finally found some shirts I could button and quickly made my escape to Monks. Tried out their Svea IPA and Struise Rosse. Both very nice and I will put some reviews up shortly.

I met this friendly guy at Monks, he is a home brewer and I think I've met him before at some festival. He participated at the SC in Home made Beer.

Then me and Karin went to Koh Pang Ngang. No, not the island but the restaurant. It's a freaky looking place with lots of florescent colours, plants and bambu all over the place. For us it was a trip down memory lane, it reminded us of Hat Rin (a town on Koh Pang Ngang).


Me at the restaurant.

I had the green curry which wasn't to good. Reminded me of Phuket which is bad. But the starter and the dish Karin ordered, some bbq meat, was amazing. I can really recomend the place. I even had two bottles of Chang, the beer isn't that good but it reminds me of the good times we had in Thailand.


A bottle of Chang. The beer was very pale and water but worked with the food.


On the way home we stopped at Oliwer Twist for a beer. I had Stone Ruination IPA which I will write about in the next post. Man, my ass hairs are still curled up!

No comments:

Post a Comment