Sunday, April 5, 2009

Report from the SC in Home Made Beer

I’m starting to become human again after yesterdays festival. It was a really good one with great beers and friendly people. This year I didn’t attempt to try everything, instead I focused on the top fermented and special beer and skipped the rest. I managed to try all of them except for 3 which I missed. But I have to admit that it was a bit stressful to get my vote in for "peoples choice" and it seemed like I wasn't the only one stressing to get it in.

My personal favorite was Bluff Prestige made by Jakob Carlström, Niklas Stenlås and Kjell Eriksson. But there was allot of good beers, and some of the brewers brought snacks to go with the beer. Some had brought bread baked from “drav”, I’m not sure about the English translation but it’s basically the left over malt from the brewing. It was all very tasty.

They have posted the results now, you find them here.


Me and Nicklas discussing what beer to try next. Pop-up-man is doing what he does best. Yeah he looks kinda creepy ;)

I met this friendly american who was one of the creaters of this rasberry lager, which was really tasty.

My father joined a brew club a while back and we met some of the members at the festival. The guy on the left is named Kristoffer and I know he and my dad has some interesting brews planned. I've badgered my father to write a guest article about it, we'll see what happens.

My brother joined up later on. We also met Nille (the big guy with a beard) and his friend, who we also met at SMÖF last year.


We talked to Berith and Hå-Ge from Närke Kulturbryggeri. Which, in my oppinion, is one of the best breweries in the world.

Lots of beer and lots of people happy to test them.

Björn Petersson served chocolate with his stout and cheese with his Biere de Garde. My personal favorite was the stout, which was very yummy.

After the festival we went for a pizza and had some italian beer. The pizza was nice but I could have skipped the beer. Felt like a big step down from all the fantastic brews we had during the day.

9 comments:

  1. My personal fovorite was the beer you drank with cheese served by the beardy man with a white shirt above.

    Anyways, it was a great festival and great company :) I really enjoyed it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like a nice event, hope i can be there next year.

    /Fredrik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun, lads.

    Good on ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, clock i believe we had.

    You're going to have to come over for the next round ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it was great. :)

    hmm I guess next event is at the end of september: Stockholm Beer and Whisky Festival.

    I might also visit Great Brittish Beer Fest this year (august), but that is in London.

    During the fall we also have Söderbärke Micro Brewery Festival (closer to Norway, look for Ludvika) and Örebro Beer and Whisky Festival. There might be more festivals but thoose are the ones I can think of atm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, me likey whiskey ^^ I'll see if I can make it in September then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stefan,

    Sorry. Hope you do not think I did ignore your comments on my blog. I did red them however didnt get to opportunity to reply back to you. Funny enough I managed to grab some attention from "Turkish daily news" a newspaper in Turkey, with my artciles on the blog and past 2 days I'm travelling between Alanya and Avsallar where I live at the moment, meeting these guys and introducing myself. Good crack, nice people from Wales, Germany and Turkey. Well too much beer in the mean time.

    I'm delighted that you figured the market thing yourself as I tought "he still must be under the influence" of the drinks over the weekend when I red your first comment!!! even the photo is from a Peruvian market. Surely that market I write about is totally imaginary and you will not get bottles of Petrus on a local Turkish market, its all my imagination!!!

    But still some turkish markets can be good fun. Think it depends how local they are. Great places for fresh fruit and vegetables tough.

    Well buddy, I wish you goood luck with your new post with the new job and hope you'd do fine. just be carefull with sampling beer over the week time, just in case. Sure I write to you again. Take care and good luck until next time buddy.

    Kursat

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh by the way. I'm so jelous about your beer festival, not gonna mention it here. I do not think I can leave here this summer but sure eventually I'm gonna join you guys at a stage. I feel so bad that you guys enjoy all these beers and I'm stuck with Efes. It is ok but cant wait to see whats more out there. One of my next trips will be a beerfest that you guys attending. Hope you do not mind :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kursat: Hehehe I might actually have been a bit hung over when I wrote my first comment ;) But to my defence I only read the first section before commenting and then continued reading.

    That would be great. Dont think there are any festivals this summer, at least none that I'm attending. but it starts again in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete