Monday, August 24, 2009

Eskilstuna Ölkultur, part 3

Here are the two last beers I tried while visiting the pub and also some final thoughts.

Faktoriet Real Ale (tap) 4,5%
This beer is dry hopped with diffent types of hops each week, this week it was Styrian Golding.

It poured a hazy copper-amber liquid with a big creamy foam that left big chunks of foam on the side of the glass. As with the other beers from this brewery it looks very appealing.

It had a spicey scent of grassy hops.

First thing I noticed when tasting it was that it also had a very slight sour taste. But not as dominat as with Bälgvikens. It also had a strong taste of grassy hops. Very smooth and served at the perfect temperature. Very nice!
Total: 3,6/5

Skogstorp IPA (tap) 5,6%
It poured a hazy golden liquid with a big ice cream looking foam that resembled a mushroom and finally left allot of lacing. It had the best foam of the evening.

It had a strong scent of grassy hops.

It tasted of hay and grassy hops. It also had a medium body and bitterness. Very nice and my personal favorite. To get a better score I would have loved some more hops and bitterness.
Total: 3,7/5

Overall they have done a great job with the five brews that where available when I was there. They all scored top points for appearance. However some of them suffered from some sourness. But they have a great thing going and I hope they keep doing a great job in the future.

If I where to wish anything from future brews I would love to see some other styles besides differnt types of ale. Maybe an imperial stout, or a quadrupel and while I'm at it, how about a lambic made from locally produced fruit? Either way the brewery has allot of potential and I look forward to what they cook up next.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you've found a new home? ;)

    The Skogstorp IPA sounds really interested while i'm reading, have you found any of the brews you've tasted outside eskilstuna? Maybe somewhere here in Stockholm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I could easily move to Eskilstuna now that they have such an excellent pub :) I wonder if they would like someone camping close to the beer taps?....

    No as far as I know they are only served at their pub in Eskilstuna. But I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully they will show up in Stockholm.

    ReplyDelete