Saturday, August 8, 2009

Slottskällans Slottslager

Slottskällans Slottslager (Bottle) 5%
The bartender said it was a lager with some extra hops. Yeah right, I thought, this is going to taste just as bland as the other lagers I've had recently.

It poured a clear golden liquid with a small foam that left no lacing, so far a standard lager.

But when I leaned closer I immediately smelled something different. It had a distinct aroma of grassy hops, citrus and fresh fruit and something sweet. Quite fresh and not what I expected.

So I tried it out and it tasted of grassy hops, however with a low to medium bitterness so it's far from having allot of hops in it. However it's still nice to encounter a lager that tastes of its ingredients. It was also fresh and smooth with some citrus, bread and malt. Well balanced and I couldn't find any bad tastes. This is definitely one of the better lagers I have tried, even if it is far from one of the better beers I've tried.
Total: 2,7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment