Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crayfish and beer

When I got home from Monks on friday I was greeted with a little feast. Karin had bought some crayfish and made a Västerbotten-cheese pie. The pie was amazing with a distinct cheesy aroma from the salty cheese.

The crayfish was also nice. They had soft shells, nice texture and saltyness. However they where a bit small and lacked some dill flavour. I don't know for sure which ones we had but they where from Pandalus and bought at Vinn stormarknad.

But now I had a small problem that I've been thinking about for a while. What beer works well with crayfish? Personally I went with a nice wheat beer. But maybe something else is more suiting. So I stretch the question forward to whoever might read this: What do you prefer to drink with your crayfish?

It appears that I have already rated Franziskaner. I did however rate it yesterday as well and came up with an almost identical score. Only differed 0,2 points.

5 comments:

  1. Nice friday you had! I think that a Belgian Blond maybe can work with the saltyness and dill. And for the Västerbotten pie a nice American Pale Ale.
    Hm, maybe I will try to make a Västerbotten pie my self! -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can recommend a can of nice cold Dale's Pale Ale for both. Was great!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. SN Pale Ale worked well for both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, might have to try both a blond and a pale ale next time. Thanks for the tips guys.

    You should definitely make a Västerbotten pie mate. They are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nils Oscars Kalasöl is great for crayfish!

    ReplyDelete