Thursday, August 13, 2009

Testing Harviestoun

A while back I went on a cruise with a couple of friends. To my suprise I found a couple of interesting beers from a brewery I had never heard of: Harviestoun. They had three different beers in the tax free and I tried them all a couple of weeks ago. My notes where a bit sparse and my memory is apparently shorter then I thought. But here is what I could get out of it:

It poured a hazy golden liquid with a small but big bubbly foam that made it look very fresh. It had a strong smell of honey and hops, both flowery and grassy. The flavor was fresh with grassy hops and a hint of citrus. It was a bit watery but overall very nice, without a doubt one of the best lagers I've tried.

Total: 3,1/5

It poured a hazy golden liquid with a small foam that left some lacing. It had a fresh aroma of citrus and hops. It tasted fresh with some citrus and hops. But also a bit watery and bland, it smelled better then it tasted.

Total: 2,9/5
It poured a dark liquid with a small brown foam that left some lacing. It had an aroma of chocolate and coffee. It tasted of chocolate, coffee, something burned and a bit bitter.

Total: 3,4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment