Monday, August 10, 2009

New computer and beer

Last week I bought a new computer. I bought it in parts and then a friend of mine, Niklas, helped me assemble it. Once we got it started we celebrated with two very interesting beers.

First a couple of pictures from building the computer:




Then onwards to more important stuff, the beer:


Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse (Bottle) 8,5%
This is the other beer in the experiment between Brooklyn and Schneider. This one has been brewed by the Schneider brewmaster Drexler in the Brooklyn brewery. I have already tried the one Garret Oliver made at the Schneider brewery and I gave it a 3,4/5.

It poured a hazy pale golden liquid with a big foam that left allot of lacing along the side of the glas.

It had a very pleasent smell of both foam banana and hops. Also some yeast, passion fruit and other sweet fruits. Very nice!

The first thing I noticed after trying it was the high carbonation that clouded all the flavor in the beer. After whirling it around a bit and with less carbonation it was allot better. It had a flavor of foam banana, hops, yeast with a medium bitterness. The alcohol was hidden by the high carbonation but was soon noticable. Some chemical bitterness but not so bad, it was worse in the other version and one of the things that lowered the score a bit. This one also felt more balanced then the Garett Oliver version. Very nice beer overall, I hope they do a similar experiment soon again.
Total: 3,9/5


Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel (Bottle) 9%
It poured a hazy golden liquid with a huge icecream looking foam that left allot of lacing on the side of the glas.

It had an aroma of yeast, hops and ripe fruit.

It was smooth with a flavor of grassy hops, honey and yeast. The alcohol was well hidden and I didn't expect the 9% that was printed on the bottle. It was also a bit dry. All in all a very nice beer as well.
Total: 3,7/5

5 comments:

  1. The first beer was a real goddie, though the second one i have some doubts about, not really in to that grassy hop flavour =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gief specs on computerz pl0x ^^

    Grats on a new one! pr0n ahoy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I forgot about the spec for the computer. Well it was something like this:

    CPU, motherboard: i7 920, X58-chipset,
    Memory: 6Gb DDR3 RAM
    Graphics: Geforce GTX 275
    HDD: 1 TB, SATA2, 7200 RPM
    Screen: Benq 21,5'
    Powersupply: Corsair 450w
    Mouse: Steelseries WoW edition
    Keyboard: Microsoft X6 Sidewinder

    Hmm something like that. Works great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aiai, not bad at all!

    Not too different from mine, except that I ran with AMD and ATI and ended up with 2TBs in the end (dunno how the hell I'm gonna fill up 2199023255552 bytes tho).

    Again, big grats :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can find a way to fill all of that space up ;) I've only had my new pc for a week or so and I have already filled up allot of that 1 TB. However I did copy all my pictures, movies and other documents and files from my two other computers to this new one.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete