Friday, September 18, 2009

Baladin beer

A while back, how long I don't remember, I bought three bottles of Baladin beer. They had been sitting on the news shelf for a long while at Systembolaget and I'm not sure why I hadn't bought them before. Well the price was a bit steep with above 110 sek per bottle and I had been drowning in interesting beers to try so I had just skipped them. But now news where slow so I bought the three available bottles. When we brewed Death By Hops 2 I decided it was time to give them a go.
Super Baladin (bottle) 8%
It poured a hazy, dirty golden liquid with a small foam that left no lacing. It did however leave a ton of yeast floating around in the glass. It smelled of yeast and bread. It had a smooth mouthfeel and a taste of yeast, bread, sweet, fruit and candy. Unfortunately a bit watery. A decent beer but not really worth the high price.
Total: 3,3/5
Nöel Baladin (bottle) 9%
It poured a dark liquid with a small light brown foam. Lots of yeast in the glass. It had a smell of yeast and fruit. It had a smouth mouthfeel and tasted of fruits and yeast. Very similar to Super but slightly better.
Total: 3,4/5
Elixir Baladin (bottle) 10%
It poured a hazy dark dirty golden liquid with a small foam and lots of yeast in the bottle. It smelled of yeast, bread and fruits. It tasted fruity, with yeast, bread and allot of carbonation. Very similar to the other two but it pulled ahead just slightly. Best of the three.
Total: 3,5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment