Friday, September 25, 2009

SBWF 2009, part 6

After a couple of beers at Galatea we got a bit split up and started trying all kinds of beers. But the focus still lay on heavy beers such as Imperial Stouts, IPAs and Barley Wines. When we stood at the Wicked Wine booth I ran into the guys at FemKommaNoll TV. Friendly guys and I'm looking forward to watching the segment they did at the festival.

Me, Johan and Thomas from FemKommaNoll-Tv.

When we came back to Oliver Twist I also ran into Markus from Öl är gott, resor är kul. When we stood there talking I also got introduced to Hrigilzkar from this blog and Fajanen and Jöns was there as well. It was allot of fun meeting these guys and I hope to run into them again in the future.

Markus, Hrigilzkar and Fajanen.

I didn't get to chat very long with them, before my father came running and told me had something special he wanted me to try. When I got over to Wicked wine that was only a few meters away I got handed a glass of something very black and heavy. Even though I had tried quite allot of beers at this point I could feel the spicey aroma that was drifting up from the glass. I tasted it and it was like an explosion of flavour. Very heavy and my tongue got attacked from left and right. My father just laughed and showed me the bottle, it was this beer:


BrewDog Tokyo* (bottle) 18,2%
An imperial stout at 18,2%. Well actually the label said: "intergalactic fantastic oak aged stout". Which is actually a very good description. I look at my notes now and see that I have written: "Warm alcohol hits me in the face!". I bet if I would have been more focused I would have written something similar about the taste. It tasted sweet with chocolate, wood, burned and lots of other spices. The alcohol was also very dominant and it might have been a bit to much. However a very nice beer, would love to re-test it in the future.
Total: 4,1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment