Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oktoberfestbier, part 2

Hoffbräu München Oktoberfestbier (bottle) 6,3%
It poured a clear yellow liquid with a small foam that left no lacing. It had a weak smell of white bread. The taste was also weak with some white bread and stingy bitterness. Watery and boring.
Total: 1,3/5

Sigtuna Oktoberfest (bottle) 5,5%
It poured a cloudy golden liquid with a small foam that left no lacing. It had a smell of honey, hops and white bread. It tasted of bread, honey and butter. The mouthfeel was smooth and nice.
Total: 2,4/5
Sigtuna Black October (bottle) 5%
It poured a dark brown liquid with a small brown foam that left no lacing. It smelled of cigarrs, soy sauce, chocolate and something burned. It tasted of burned toast, chocolate and smoke. The mouthfell was dry. Best so far.
Total: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. Hum, I don't suppose you'll ever test or write about whiskeys? I saw a bottle of 40 y.o. Highland Park down at the local pub. The price you ask?

    1000 Norwegian kroners for 4cl O_o

    But yeah, seeing as your taste buds seem quite advanced-ish, I'd like your take on whiskeys at some point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't drink whisky that often. Well I have a bunch of fairly nice bottles at home but they only come out when I get visitors. However I do enjoy the very smokey versions :)

    1000 NOK for 4 cl? hehe thats expensive. Think they have a whisky at Akkurat priced at 4000+ sek/cl. Hmm or was it 2000 sek.... ah I will have to check next time I go there.

    ReplyDelete