Saturday, September 26, 2009

SBWF 2009, part 7

We had been walking around in the area between Oliwer Twist, Galatea and Wicked Wine for a while and finally got our asses moving closer to the entrance side of the room. We first went by Nils Oscar that had two new beers, I didnt rate them and I have no notes of it but I think they where named Hay Stack and God Ale. I tried the Hay Stack that was pretty nice and then forgot to try God Ale. But hopefully they both show up at Systemet sooner or later so I can do a proper testing.

Next stop was Bishops Arms. They had a bunch of Swedish Microbreweries on tap and bottle. Most noticable Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter. A beer I had tried several times before and it has the number 1 spot in my book with a whoppin 4,9 score. I had tried 05 and 06 before if my memory serves me right, but it was from bottles. They where both excellent and this time they had 07 and 08 on tap. We ordered both and they where fantastic. According to me and Per 07 had edge on 08 since 07 felt like it still wasn't quite finished. But I'm sure it will be great if it just sits for a while. They also had a Kaggen that had been aged in old Mackmyra barrels. Unfortunately the premiere was at 20:00 and I completely forgot about it at that time.

I didn't take any notes from the Kaggen testing as I had already rated it. But it was nice to just enjoy a beer and not having to think to much. But here is a couple of other beers I tried durin this time (not all at Bishops):

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA (bottle) 7,2%
It poured a hazy golden-orange liquid. It had a strong sweet smell of grassy hops and caramell. It tasted of grassy hops, grapefruit and had a very high bitterness. Lacked some roundness but besides that a very nice IPA. I wanted more ;)
Total: 4,1

Dugges Rail Ale (tap)
A fresh beer with lots of grassy hops.
Total: 3,8/5

Strömsholms Beridaren 6,2%
Interesting to see a belgian style ale by a swedish brewery. Is it just me or do most stick to english and american ales these days? Well and also the numerous varieties of lager.
Anyway, this was a nice attempt a smooth brew with some yeast and spices. Would like to see more stuff like this.
Total: 3,1/5

Bishops Arms, Vår Egen IPA (brewed by Ölands Token)
A fresh IPA with allot of grassy hops. I wonder what their plans are for this beer. If its a new house ale I approve.
Total: 3,5/5

Mora Kölner-Bier (bottle) 5%
A slightly above average lager, not really impressed.
Total: 2,4/5

3 comments:

  1. Här är länken till Dugges öl. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dugges-vasagatans-rail-ale/110569/ Jag gillade den. Torpedo låter intressant. Den kommer in i ordinarie sortimentet den 1:a okt. Kommer säkert att bli min nya husöl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack Fajanen. :)

    Ja Torpedo ser jag fram emot, blir till att köpa några flaskor att götta sig med i höstmörkret :) Drog förresten av några av mitt-i-månaden släppen ikväll. Kommer recensioner under veckan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The torpedo is nice, hope it's fresh when it comes to systemet. :-)

    ReplyDelete