Monday, September 28, 2009

SBWF 2009, part 9 - Finishing words

As I write this the festival is coming up on it's last hours. I've been thinking about visiting the festival on both weekends but I've never gotten around to it. Well there is always next year ;)

I've been to the festival six times now and it's always one of the high points of the year. Lots of intresting beer and allot of interesting people to talk to. The only downside is that it becomes a bit to much people after a couple of hours. My favorite is definitely the first 2-3 hours of the day when the crowd is quite modest and you don't have to spoon 10 other guys to get a beer. But besides that it's great. Everybody is very friendly and the amount of great beer seems limitless.

We spent most of our time at Oliver Twists booth, but I have to say that Brill was my favorite for the evening. I had som amazing beer there and the service was great. I also quite enjoyed trying Kaggen at Bishops Arms. The only place I got a complaint with is Monks. I'm not a fan of buying a whole bottle at festivals and that is the only reason we left and didn't come back. But I still like Monks and I love that they make their own beer. But I would love them even more if they would sell me some tasters in the future so that I can try more of their own beer.

Another complaint would be the transportation. The bus came every 30 minutes and SL sent a small bus for the job. Maybe SBWF can organize alternative transport in case SL doesn't realise that there is an event going on.

In total we tried about 90 beers and I rated about half of thoose. Feels like a decent result after 10 hours of sampling beer.

All in all this was a great festival and I can't wait for the next one. Well at least I can satisfy myself with SMÖF at the end of October and ÖBWF at the end of November. Hopefully I'll meet you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment