Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mr and Mrs Frederiksen

Besides the beers from Southern Tier we also tried some beer from Amager Bryghus. These are the first two beers I try from this brewery. But looking at their score at ratebeer they seem to be solid around a high grade, most beers are between 3-4 average score. After browsing their website for a while I also found out that it was started by two home brewers. They brewer their beer in an air-raid sheleter not far from Copenhagen.

Amager Fru Frederiksen (bottle) 7%
It poured a pitch black liquid with a small light brown foam that left just a little bit of lacing.

I was a bit suprised to sense some grassy hops in the smell. However there where also some chocolate, and coffey. I liked the smell.

The taste was a bit watered down though, I would have liked it allot heavier, even for a stout. It had a taste of chocolate, coffey and burned toast. A decent beer.
Total: 3,1/5 Amager Hr. Frederiksen (bottle) 10,5%
It poured a pitch black liquid, with a medium sized light brown foam, that lasted a while and left some lacing.

It had a strong smell of chocolate, coffey and nuts. Very nice.

It had a heavy taste of chocolate, coffey and burned toast. Smooth mouthfeel and thick body. A very nice beer I really enjoyed it.
Total: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. They sounds nice. I have one of each in the fridge. Btw, you have the wrong picture to the text. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Fajanen, I completely missed that. They all look the same ;)

    ReplyDelete