Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Black Face

When I got home to Frövi last saturday I found out that Chrille and my father had brewed a new beer. Apparently Chrille had been to Scottland and had gotten inspired. When he got back they brewed a Scottish ale. The name of the beer has been taken from the sheep that is very common in the part of Scottland where Chrille was.

Black Sheep (Tap) 6,3%
It poured a dark hazy brown liquid with a medium sized creamy foam that left some lazing. It looked pretty appealing actually.

When I smelled it the first thing I noticed was a distinct metallic smell. After a while I also smelled some malt and sweetness. But the metallic taste took over.

The metal was dominant when I tasted it as well. But it also had some malt and was smooth yet a bit dry.

If it wouldn't have been for the metall this would have been a nice beer. Not sure where the metall comes from though, would be interesting to see how the other barells taste.
Total: 2,6/5

No comments:

Post a Comment