Sunday, October 4, 2009

An Australian in Stockholm, part 2

After finishing off our beers at Monks we felt it was time to move on and try to find something to eat. We walked down Vasagatan to Bishops Arms. They have renovated and the front looks very fresh now, however I actually liked the old wodden entrance. My hope was to find some interesting swedish beers and I wasn't dissapointed. I found two beers on tap that I hadn't tried before:
Ocean Rallarporter (tap) 5%
It poured a pitch black liquid with a medium sized light brown foam. It had a fairly weak smell of chocolate, coffey and nuts. The taste was also a bit weak but I found some chocolate, nuts and coffey. It had a smooth and dry mouthfeel. I'm actually a bit dissapointed, would have expected it to have a bit more taste.
Total: 2,7/5
Strömsholms Slussvaktaren (tap) 4,6%
It poured a clear, dark golden liquid with a small white foam that left some nice lacing. It had a fairly weak smell of grassy hops and citrus. It tasted of grassy hops, citrus, hint of grapefruit, burned toast and some bread. I think this would work great sitting in the sun on a hot summers day.
Total: 3/5

Both of the beers where fairly weak and didn't taste much at first. But after finishing our dinners and cleaning our palletes they got allot better. We both agreed that these where workermans beers. They where both named after a profession and this could be a good way to quench ones thirst after a rough day at work. We finished of our beers and decided to continue our trip south...

No comments:

Post a Comment