Friday, October 30, 2009

SMÖF 2009, part 3

There was a new edition to this festival, the singles bar. No, this wasn't a place to meet single men and women. It was a place for beer geeks to meet single bottles of beer and I think allot of love was created this evening. They served one bottle at the time and as soon as the bottle was finished they opened a different one. I didn't try them all but a couple of noticable beers where: Mikkeller Simcoe Single Hop IPA, Old Viscosity, Three Floyds Behemoth Barley Wine. I didn't see the full list of beers but I know Chrille and his friend worked very hard to finish them off so that they could taste the next one.

Berith and H-G from Närke Kulturbryggeri together with my father and Erkki in front of the singles bar.

Another change was that they didn't brew any beer outside this year. Which was a nice addition but I can imagine it wasn't allot of fun for the person having to stand outside in the cold all evening.

Another addition to this years festival was a cheese stand. They sold nice cheeses at really affordable prices. I personally bought a pot of Stilton for 60 sek, and 100g of Gamle Ole for 20 sek. The cheese platters where great snacks with the beer. I really hope they got the cheese mobile next year as well.
My brother, grandfather, Toivo and myself tasting some tap beer.

After a while I finished off most of the tap beers. I had only left a couple of stouts and porters which I planned to go back and taste later in the evening. So I crossed over to Folkets Hus where they had all the bottled beer. But more about that tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. You look awefully satisfied on that picture. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicklas: Hehe yeah I was :) I love going to festivals.

    Gyllenbock: Yeah it was a great day. Allot of nice beer and friendly people. I even got to try all the beers I hadn't tried before.

    ReplyDelete