Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nynäshamn Lagrad Smörpundet Porter 2007

I've had this bottle lying around for quite some time now. I keept coming up with reasons not to drink it, "you have already had to much to drink tonight" "save if for a better occasion". Well fuckit, why wait? Last night I finally cracked this bottle and I wasn't dissapointed.

Nynäshamn used to be my favorite swedish brewery, a position now held by Närke Kulturbryggeri and after that Dugges. I have allot of good memories from standing at Nynäs booth at SBWF and always have enjoyed their beer. The below beer wasn't an exception. It was brewed with two different kinds of chocolate malt and stored for a year on big steel tanks. The bottle I had was from 2007 and according to the note hanging from the neck of the bottle it gets better over the years. To bad I didn't buy a couple more bottles to see if that was true. Anyway lets see what I thought of it.

Nynäshamns Lagrad Smörpundet Porter 2007 (bottle) 6%
It poured a pitch black liquid with a medium sized light brown foam, that left a nice thick layer of lacing on the side of the glass.

It had a deep smell of rich dark chocolate, nuts and a hint of coffey. I also sensed some milk, I wonder if they put some lactos in this brew?

It had a very smooth mouthfeel, thick liquid that left a buttery and oily feeling in my mouth. It was semi-dry and felt really good in my mouth. Once again I got this milky feeling. It tasted of chocolate, some coffey and a hint of something burned.

It didn't have a very heavy flavour or smell and if I have to give any critique it would be that I would have wanted some more flavour, or at least a bit more intense. It also felt like there was something missing, maybe a bit more coffey or a different kind of chocolate. Just something that would attack my tounge in a different way. But besides that a very enjoyable beer, not fantastic but still very well brewed.
Total: 3,8/5

4 comments:

  1. Det är inte den fatlagrade, utan den har lagrats på ståltank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helt rätt jag skrev fel på titeln. Fixat nu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah sorry jag såg inte att det var fel på rubriken också. Tack för den.

    ReplyDelete