Monday, October 26, 2009

Bottling Death By Hops 2, part 2

We tried some of the new beers that where released at Systembolaget at the beginning of October. They are now part of the ordinary supply.

Comenius (bottle) 6%
It poured a clear golden liquid with a big white foam that quickly dissapeared and left no lacing. It had a weak smell of malt and honey. It tasted of honey, malt, a hint of puke and also a very odd taste. Very watery and a light body. Stingy mouthfeel. No this definitely wasn’t a beer for me. I ended up pouring it down the sink and that is quite unnusual for me.
Total: 1.1/5

Wisby Klosteröl (bottle) 5%
This is an old beer in a new design and size (down from 50 cl). It poured a hazy brown-orange-golden liquid with a big white foam that left allot of lacing. It had a weak smell of yeast, malt and some fruit. It had allot of carbonation and was a bit watery. Not my kind of beer, there are better choices out there.
Total: 2,4/5
I also tried a bottle of Belhaven Twisted Thistle IPA which I have already rated and then gave a 3,2/5. The only difference was that it was in a smaller bottle (33 cl down from 50 cl).

No comments:

Post a Comment