Monday, October 12, 2009

Urthel Hop-It

The first beer we tried while visiting my brother was Urthel Hop-It. I have recenlty tried a couple of their beers and reviewed them in this post. I was a bit dissapointed with their Quadrupel so I didn't have very high expectations on this beer. But a hoppy belgian ale sounded very interesting.

Urthel Hop-It (Bottle) 9,5%
It poured a hazy golden liquid with a big white foam that lasted a long time. It left a thin layer of foam on the side of the glass and the final part of the liquid contained allot of yeast.

It had a fairly strong smell of yeast and fruits, mainly apples and other similar fruits.

It had a taste of yeast and fruit, the hops that I expected wasn't very strong. I just felt a hint of hops but the bitterness was fairly high. It wasn't very smooth and it didn't have a very nice reaction in my mouth. Felt a bit like eating caviar and then brushing my teeth, however not that intense. Slightly below average belgian ale in my opinion.
Total: 2,9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment