Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bottling Death By Hops 2, part 1

As I mentioned in a previous post I went to SMÖF this weekend. I also managed to drag Nicklas along with me. We started the weekend by bottling Death By Hops 2 – Return of the Hops. Washing the bottles took some time. But once we got a routine for it we picked up speed and before we knew it we could start pouring the beer into bottles.

My father has constructed a device that makes it easy to bottle the beer. First you preassures the bottle with gas and then beer flows in from below as you release the gas from the top. As you see from the picture below there are three “slangar” coming in. One for gas, one for beer and one to release the preassure. I hope my father constructs something for washing the beer as well.




While we worked I took the opportunity to try some beer out. I tried DBH2 again and will post a review soon. It really is a great beer, Chrille has done a fantastic job with the recipe. I also tried some of the october beer news at Systembolaget. More about that in the next part...

2 comments:

  1. It was interesting to see the hideout where you brewed this masterpiece and to see the botteling (and being rewarded with a bottle) was a bonus to that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yepp I hope you enjoy it. Would be fun to know what your grandpa thinks of it.

    ReplyDelete