Sunday, October 11, 2009

Celebrating birthdays

Yesterday me, Karin, my parents and grand parents visited my brother and his girlfriend, Lina. The reason was that my brother recently had his birthday. While we where at it we also celebrated my grandmothers and fathers birthday since they also got one year older very recently.

I gave my brother two bags of beer, some of them where: Left Hand Milky Stout (one of his favorites and I got the last two bottles from Regeringsgatan), Rocherfort 10 (great beer), Orval (my favorite) and Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. My brother hadn't tried the last three so I hope he likes them.

I gave my father a book about brewing, The Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian. I honestly don't know if it's good or not since I haven't read a book about brewing before. But I hope it will do the trick. I know that he wanted a book about how you design recipes. I also gave him a copy of Brew Your Own - 150 Classic Clone recipes, hopefully he can get some ideas from that magazine. Here's a picture of him holding a bag of assorted chocolates and coffey that my brother gave him:

My grand mother, Sonja, who recently turned 70 got a hat that me and my brother bought together. I hope she liked it, I think it looks good on her at least. Here's a picture of her and my grand father in the background. Below them is a picture of my mother trying out the hat.

My grandmother had also brought some cockies and other goodies and Lina had made some cheese cake that was absolutely amazing. I guess nobody is suprised if I tell you that I brought some beer along. I will post reviews of thoose later on. My father brought two bottles of Death By Hops 2 - Return of the Hops. He said it was better when it was straight from the tap so I won't post my review just yet. But I can tell you as much that it was pure hop juice. Lots of fruity hops with a high bitterness. This is just the way I love my DIPAs and the initial grades where very high, maybe even higher then Death By Hops 1. Can't wait to try it again. Here is a preview of how it looked:

2 comments:

  1. I so hope to get to taste the Death By Hops 2 on the upcomming Frövi trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ofc you will... you might actually get to pour a couple into bottles... but before that clean the bottles :D

    I get thirsty just thinking about drinking this beer again.

    ReplyDelete